Page 148 of 820 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 12295

I'm loving Munn as Psylocke, This is great news. And she's not even an unknown actress.
    The fact that she's mixed race, a comic geek, used to cosplay (eg. Chun-Li and Wonder woman) and can act really makes me excited.

I'm not holding my breath that she'll get a big portion of the movie, tho Psylocke as one of the mutants-turned to Horsemen would be a great plot for her and the future X-Force movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    In one movie she gets no lines and is portrayed by an Asian. In another she gets lines and is suddenly half asian. Ah, Hollywood.
    To be fair, Mei Melancon, the actress who first played her is Eurasian. She is part French. Munn is definitely a whiter shade of Eurasian though so I guess one could still read Unfortunate Implications.

Whatever, I'm happy!
    Last edited by Psyknight; 04-13-2015 at 10:24 PM.

BANNED

Not saying that Munn can't. But I'm a big black guy from Philly who speaks Japanese fluently, with a Mainland Accent. I speak Spanish, and French fluently also. I lived in Japan for nearly 5 years, and sound completely native. I can also bring out my Southwest philly accent, and emulate a good North Carolinian accent, where I live now. I'm not an actor, but it can be done if people have the initiative to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Yep, I think thst's why they wwent with her.

I've been a huge Olivia Munn Fan since her days on G4, and her on the Newsroom was great. I've always liked her as either white or asian or eurasian Betsy. So this makes me happy. Hopefully they'll give her the X-force style type of suit. Any thongs and i'm out, not even an homage to the "classic" suit, except maybe the sash.

Yep they were probably like, "y'all are always going to war over which body is better, so we'll cast the Mariah Carey of Eurasians and y'all can pretend she's whatever damn body you want!"
    Last edited by Psyknight; 04-13-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Yay! Olivia Munn and Dichen Lachman were my top Psylocke fancasts! So stoked.

http://ben-wilsonham.deviantart.com/...ocke-387036622

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post

Alright. I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post

Lovely manip. I know this is mean, but I'm glad Lachman didn't get cast. She's a good actress but her face scares the shit out of me.

Ultimate Member

She's also currently in Agents of SHIELD. I'm curious to see how they handle the (potentially) problematic body-swapping thing. My first instinct is to just simplify things. She's a Japanese woman who was born/grew up in Britain.

Also, that fan-art is awesome. If they're going to give her a comic book costume, then I pray to God that it's the Anka X-Force one. Hell it'd even fit in nicely with the "grounded" X-Men film-verse while still being "comic book accurate."
    Last edited by Punisher007; 04-13-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

YES YES YES! Olivia Munn is gorgeous, ASIAN, speaks japanese!!! She is much more of asian, to me than caucasian. Face, eyes, like i always wanted Betsy to look like in a movie. Not THAT asian, not caucasian but kinda mixed asian. Psylocke finally in X-MEN! Cant wait to see her powers and the martial arts! Thank GOD they went with asian cause it's her most popular, fan favourite, iconic badass and loved version! Hope to see the butterfly effect, katanas and psychic knives! AAAAAAAAARGH

AWESOME videos of her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gsbLlI_vzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQ0e_5D92s
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 04-13-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She's also currently in Agents of SHIELD. I'm curious to see how they handle the (potentially) problematic body-swapping thing. My first instinct is to just simplify things. She's a Japanese woman who was born/grew up in Britain.

Also, that fan-art is awesome. If they're going to give her a comic book costume, then I pray to God that it's the Anka X-Force one. Hell it'd even fit in nicely with the "grounded" X-Men film-verse while still being "comic book accurate."
    Love the Anka costume, but I'm leaning more toward the Opena costume. I'm just sick of black leather bodysuits in the X-movies and Opena's is a little further from that. Plus, it is the costume she in Remender's Uncanny X-Force so it's even more comic book accurate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    YES YES YES! Olivia Munn is gorgeous, ASIAN, speaks japanese!!! She is much more of asian, to me than caucasian. Face, eyes, like i always wanted Betsy to look like in a movie. Not THAT asian, not caucasian but kinda mixed asian. Psylocke finally in X-MEN! Cant wait to see her powers and the martial arts! Thank GOD they went with asian cause it's her most popular, fan favourite, iconic badass and loved version! Hope to see the butterfly effect, katanas and psychic knives! AAAAAAAAARGH

AWESOME videos of her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gsbLlI_vzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQ0e_5D92s
    Calm down son... That Fan boy is flamin right now.. Dunno about fan favorite, but it is well known. Sound like Logan lol.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Yea, the fanboy in me came out when i saw the official annoucement early today. And hey, everyone knows her as asian, thats why they chose an asian actress. Games, comics and etc.. she's been asian for much much longer than british. Not against the british body, just love the asian body more, hands down. Thats how i became her fan back in 1993.

They just cant forget the british accent and the purple (ish) hair.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Primary Psylocke (aka post white body) is definitely the fan favorite. And infinitely more recognizable than the former, to the masses. Not even a debate.

However, she would rock in either body, whether they went with modern or the olde days.
    Last edited by slacker; 04-14-2015 at 12:13 AM.

BANNED

Calm down guys I was poking fun.
    Yes she rocks either body. Not gonna argue with what you think is true.
    Just funnin as they say.

Edit: Just for the record, Caucasian is asian^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Edit: Just for the record, Caucasian is asian^^.
    *sigh* This sort of thing is why I'm tempted to call the people commonly refered to as asians as "the people with epicanthic folds in their eyelids"