Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, do they put good cushioning in between the MBP box and the box they ship to direclty customers to protect the laptop against drops and potential abuse by delivery person?

WickedPorter

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
They have a nice custom designed, hefty/dense cardboard shipping box that fits snuggly around the actual MacBook box, providing protection all around. I've ordered many over the last several years and never had a problem, they work very well.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Hi, do they put good cushioning in between the MBP box and the box they ship to direclty customers to protect the laptop against drops and potential abuse by delivery person?
?he said potential abuse!

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
They are packed in a ingenious box. It is lightweight, uses minimal material, and ensure the inside MBP box is suspended and does not touch the sides. Here is a picture. Your pinky will fit between the MBP box and the side.
mac-book-packaging.jpg

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
They are packed in a ingenious box. It is lightweight, uses minimal material, and ensure the inside MBP box is suspended and does not touch the sides. Here is a picture. Your pinky will fit between the MBP box and the side.
View attachment 886551

Thank you very much for the useful photo.

mszilard

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2012
i know. it came with my MacBook too, but my wife used the box for some return stuff, without my knowledge. I was very upset, when i found out, but couldn't doo anything about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.