Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daylight: Press A to Lick PSP or "Every Horror Cliche at Once"

Tom Selleck

Arcane
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/07/atlus-to-publish-horror-game-daylight-on-pc-and-ps4/

Slated for release on PC and PS4 as a downloadable game in 2014, Daylight takes place in procedurally-generated stages, so levels are always different when you replay them.

I think the idea of procedurally-generated levels in UE4 a horror game is conceptually interesting, at least in terms of replay value (I also read the idea that it's a no weapons scenario, which could also be neat), but then the real horror started:

The game is written by Jessica Chobot, who also provides the voice of the game’s protagonist.
I was also worried the protagonist of a "horror" game wouldn't have amnesia, but thankfully, we're in business. Also worried a "horror" game wouldn't take place is an asylum, but that's covered as well. Also, I'll say that like, maybe you are also one of the ghosts at the end. Or like, the asylum was all a dream in an asylum. Or the dream was the asylum and the ghosts were suppressed memories of old touchy uncles.

Either way, I'm guessing Chodebot probably watched "Suckerpunch", dressed up like them short-skirted whoovers for Halloween, posed with her hand down her throat for IGN, and after waking from a rohypnol fever dream thought of a good horror film.
I used the Google image search device to find an amusing picture to post here to prove some point (like hey, here is some sex worker that now "makes" video games), and man, for a "writer" and I guess now, mo-cap "actress" and "voice actor," she sure is semi-nude a lot, so I got sidetracked and then masturbated to this for a few hours:

and then:

Daylight will allow you to share gameplay online using the console’s Sharing feature. It will also use the PlayStation Eye camera to take pictures of the player the exact moment a scare happens.

This is exactly what I think when I play "scary" games: "I sure I hope I can turn this video viral." It will just be "lol clik here 2 c cray cray reactions 2 the red wedding lol" but with ghosts and asylums and tit models.

Angthoron

Arcane
Cho Bot: Want me to pretend to be a game designer?
Atlus: mmmmm, okay
Cho Bot: It'll be a horror story set in the modern real world
Atlus: mmmmm, we like it scary
Cho Bot: You play a liberated feminist who likes to tweet and use facebook and it has seamless integration with these mediums.
Cho Bot: You can use the phone as light source and also send messages and share achievements. Use the phone like a real phone to record videos and upload to Youtube!
Atlus: Use of Web 2.0 is very important.
Cho Bot: You battle the enemies with the powers granted by Feminism. Exorcise demons and ghosts by chanting I Need Feminism Because Demons Must Die! And there's a twist in the end, heehee.
Atlus: Uh, that doesn't sound...
Cho Bot: You will also need to lick the phone, to activate the spell!
Atlus: Sold!

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Fuck that Chodbot.

No wait I don't wanna do that. Not even if I get paid. She looks like a complete retard.

Borelli

Arcane
Does this Chobot woman have a lot of experience with horror? After all being surrounded by nerds who drool all over you must be pretty horrific.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
DianaAllers_Chobot.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:necro:

Let's not mince words. First news you need to know about Daylight is that we had to delay the release date by several weeks. Here's the thing: the way Daylight is developed is completely different because of its procedural generation. In a lot of ways it really helped the team by streamlining the environment creation, but it's taken extra time to make sure all the scare cues are properly implemented for maximum player effect.

Tl;dr: we're fine tuning Daylight to make it scarier.

Daylight's new release date is April 29.

The silver lining to this cloud? We have some great news about Daylight's price:

1) Starting on April 29 for 2 weeks, PS+ subscribers will be able to get Daylight for $9.99, non-subscribers $11.99.
2) You can pre-order Daylight on PC right now through April 29 for $9.99, which is 33% off the original price.

After the promotional periods, Daylight will be its regular $14.99 price.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Where's the game or app where Jessica Robot licks the tip of my dick?

Why can't we have nice things?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The old cliche to making a scary game: don't give the protagonist a weapon.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The old cliche to making a scary game: don't give the protagonist a weapon.
I thought Siren found a neat way past that; you could get weapons, but since a vast majority of enemies will simply get back up after a minute or so, attacking them is at best a temporary fix.

Game also succeeded in actually making Zombies with guns scary, which isn't that easy to pull off.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I had $11.08 from cards in my Steam wallet, so I pre-ordered it because I could. I then decided to post in this thread about it and promptly forgot what the game was called.

Still, I hope it won't be entirely forgettable. It'll probably give a few laughs.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I had $11.08 from cards in my Steam wallet, so I pre-ordered it because I could. I then decided to post in this thread about it and promptly forgot what the game was called.

Still, I hope it won't be entirely forgettable. It'll probably give a few laughs.

Do a let's play, like your cleve simulation thingy.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
I had $11.08 from cards in my Steam wallet, so I pre-ordered it because I could.

Many years later, in a bleak future after the fall of civilization as we know it, in a sewer, you and your family desperately hide from the degenerate cannibals that hunt you. And then your grandson asks you: "Grandpa, why did you give money to the decline?"

What would you say to him?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I had $11.08 from cards in my Steam wallet, so I pre-ordered it because I could.

Many years later, in a bleak future after the fall of civilization as we know it, in a sewer, you and your family desperately hide from the degenerate cannibals that hunt you. And then your grandson asks you: "Grandpa, why did you give money to the decline?"

What would you say to him?
"Don't worry, Billy, it was fake money!"

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What a surprise.
It was actually surprising to me. I was expecting some sort of garbage, but the shameless resemblance to Slender is on a whole other level than what I anticipated. You just walk around and find sheets of paper, then walk away from a ghost lady.

I played the demo for Among the Sleep, though. Horror is not dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom