Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thunder Tiger Challenger 83 11 years 6 months ago #14981

Hey all, I am now the proud owner of a Thunder Tiger Challenger 83, my very first glow powered RC vehicle. I traded a guy one of my spare 13.5 brushless systems for it.

But in all honesty, I know nothing about this thing, and I have very limited knowledge of glow motors. My dad flys RC planes, and he said the motor was still in good condition. It has the original Thunder Tiger .21 glow motor, just with a new sleeve, piston and rings.

Does any one out there have a manual/info on this thing? It is pretty straight forward, but I'd still like to know a bit more on it. Like for example, does the transfer gearbox run with oil or just grease? Where does the fuel tank go originally?

But anyway, here are some pics.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Thunder Tiger Challenger 83 11 years 6 months ago #15003

I'd say that fuel tank setup is gonna cause you grief if you use it like that - there doesn't appear to be anything preventing gravity-feeding of fuel & serious flooding, which normally results in bent/busted con-rod!
Usually, the sealed fuel tank would be at the same level as the carb, & would be pressurised by a tube from the exhaust, to force the fuel through.

It's interesting how so many models of that era are built so similarly.
Have you named it yet?

Re: Thunder Tiger Challenger 83 11 years 6 months ago #15005

Yeah, I was going to say it looks very Kyosho-y. Is there any connection?

Re: Thunder Tiger Challenger 83 11 years 5 months ago #15258

Yeah, I was going to say it looks very Kyosho-y. Is there any connection?

Ya, Kyosho also made something similar

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.