dali helikon 400 mk2 mid bass drive part

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dali helicon 400 mk2 mid bass drive part

I have speakers DALI HELICON 400 MK2 LE25
Right speaker
lower drive unit mid bass not working
Something know where to buy the part please

Attachments

• woofer2lrg.jpg
    woofer2lrg.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
It must be a proprietary 6" woofer, though it looks like a high quality Vifa part.

Contact your dealer, I'd say. Perhaps it's under guarantee for defective parts too:
DALI Dealers in Israel

For all that, a loose connection or bad solder joint is more likely on a newish bass. I'd remove the drive unit, noting wiring polarity, and look at the soldering on the crossover.

It must be a proprietary 6" woofer, though it looks like a high quality Vifa part.

Contact your dealer, I'd say. Perhaps it's under guarantee for defective parts too:
DALI Dealers in Israel

For all that, a loose connection or bad solder joint is more likely on a newish bass. I'd remove the drive unit, noting wiring polarity, and look at the soldering on the crossover.

On Sunday I'll get in touch with the distributor of Dali in Israel
Speaker should be another 4 years warranty
The problem is that I'm not the original owner
So I do not know if the warranty will be valid because of this.
Never happened to me something like that, and certainly not a speaker that costs 7000 euros

Attachments

• HELICON_400_MK2_25th_P01.jpg
    HELICON_400_MK2_25th_P01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
If I was a betting man, I'd think a wiring fault is the likeliest contender here.

It's not inconceivable the crossover has been wired wrong too. I haven't got the patience to extract the wiring diagram, but it's a 3.5 way I think. One of the basses provides bafflestep correction rolling off at 700Hz. Probably the lower one.

Traditionally you wire a 1.5V battery to a moving coil speaker and listen for a crackle to see if it lives, positive to positive and the driver should move outwards. Don't do this with a ribbon tweeter though. They are fragile with DC.

Attachments

• Dali Helicon 400 MK II.JPG
    Dali Helicon 400 MK II.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
If I was a betting man, I'd think a wiring fault is the likeliest contender here.

It's not inconceivable the crossover has been wired wrong too. I haven't got the patience to extract the wiring diagram, but it's a 3.5 way I think. One of the basses provides bafflestep correction rolling off at 700Hz. Probably the lower one.

Traditionally you wire a 1.5V battery to a moving coil speaker and listen for a crackle to see if it lives, positive to positive and the driver should move outwards. Don't do this with a ribbon tweeter though. They are fragile with DC.

If the unit mid bass when I measure the resistance in multimeter
Show me infinite resistance
As should be the value of about 4 ohm
And when I plug in a battery of 1.5 volts to the mid bass unit no response
So I conclude that it is burnt

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.