Used DeArmond M70 with Goldtone Pickups sighted at local Sam Ash today...

vintage clubber

• Members

I'm very tempted at the asking price of $200. it's in mint condition - still has plastic on the rear control covers. The color is just fugly green though...
:facepalm:
I played it thru a Bugera V22 and it sounded killer. If it had been a different color, I probably would have pulled the trigger on it...
:freak:

Nothing that can't be fixed for $10 worth of spray paint.

• Members

actually, that one is a better color. the one I played was more of an olive green tone - paler than the emerald green in that picture.

Hmmm. Then maybe I wouldn't. I like some green guitars but it HAS to be the right green. I can't stand creamy or lighter greens. Darker emerald or fender's sherwood green are great though.

• Members

Not to hijack but there is a set of Dearmond Goldtone pups on my local craig's for 80 clams. I've always heard good things and I have a guitar that could use some help. Thoughts?

Fwiw, I took my Jet Star to a meetup this summer that was 3 days solid of jamming. Only rule: anything brought was up for grabs for anyone to play. A LOT of people liked those Gold Tones. Despite that there were some cool, more expensive guitars there. If you like a slightly bright PAF tone, they're probably worth that. Though always go in low. ;)

• Members

Not to hijack but there is a set of Dearmond Goldtone pups on my local craig's for 80 clams. I've always heard good things and I have a guitar that could use some help. Thoughts?

A set of goldtones for under a bill is a smoking deal. Buy them, try them-if you don't like them, you can always sell them. A used set usually fetches $150, give or take a few bucks.

Archived