• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Enteromorpha Intestinalis

Item Price
10 + shipping cost
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Eatfrenchfries

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently working on establishing the best propagation method for this algae. Started with a square inch of this and I'm at a double handful in my monoculture and some nice strands in my tank. Way better than ulva lactuca since it doesn't fragment but still highly palatable.

This is not the easiest since pods do love it.

If you're interested, shoot me a DM.
Open to trades.

20230207_194828.jpg 20230204_001102.jpg 20221216_220849.jpg 20230206_221348.jpg

OP
OP
Eatfrenchfries

Eatfrenchfries

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copepods will hide in it but amphipods will munch it down when once they get a taste. They haven't eliminated it but I do notice that smaller pieces get swarmed and disappear.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Eatfrenchfries,

I received your sample of the Carolina Biological Research Supply cultured Enteromorpha Intestinalis in good order. I wish I could say with some certainty that the algae I have growing in my scrubber was definitely E. Intestinalis (a.k.a. "Gutweed") but I can't. Your sample seems a bit too "hairy" to me. Please PM me your shipping address, and I'll send you a sample of my "gutweed?" for your review. Perhaps you could photograph our two alga's side by side (I'm a bit too distracted at the moment to do a good job of it.)

I think your observations about amphipods loving the stuff are probably correct. It would explain my failure with samples I've received in the past from an eBay frag seller and from Aqua Culture Nursery Farms (a.k.a.
"RUSALTY"
), where it is being sold as "Grass Lettuce". Here's a link to their Grass Lettuce offering: https://www.aquaculturenurseryfarms.com/sponge-world/grass-lettuce/ If there is actually an amphipodal fondness for gutweed it would also explain why it is usually "Sold Out" at RUSALTY. [While I think Fabian offers some interesting observations/information on his site, I must admit that I can't trust his hyperbole 100%.]

Thank you for the sample,
Bob

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back